To join on Crowdcast, use the following link – https://www.crowdcast.io/e/shacforum
The event will also be streamed live on Facebook. Please use the following link – https://www.facebook.com/johorebar/live/
The Johore Bar recognizes that a person’s reputation, honour and dignity are essential components that shape a person’s individuality and outlook on life. Sexual harassment poses a great threat to this wherein it violates a person’s reputation, honour and dignity by objectifying and degrading them, hence infringing their constitutional and private individual rights.
With that in mind, the Johore Bar Human Rights Committee (“JBHRC”) is pleased to introduce this online forum entitled Sexual Harassment: Investigation and Prosecution as part of the Sexual Harassment Awareness Campaign by the Johore Bar.
The aim of this online forum is to provide informative and thought-provoking discussions on practical aspects for anyone who has been or are experiencing sexual harassment.
Topics of discussion include:
- What is sexual harassment?
- Existing laws on sexual harassment?
- Investigation procedure
- Prosecution process
- Ingredients for a successful prosecution
- Online sexual harassment
- Civil reliefs available to a victim
- Sharing session by NGO’s representative (AWAM) in handling/assisting sexual harassment victim
- Support available to a victim
We invite all Members of the Bar, pupils in chambers and members of public to this online forum, the details whereof are as follows:
|Date:||29th November 2020 (Sunday)|
|Time:||2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.|
- SHAHAREEN BEGUM ABDUL SUBHAN, Chairman of the Johore Bar and Co-Chairperson of Bar Council Women’s Rights Committee;
- ZALINA BINTI YACOB, Senior Deputy Public Prosecutor (AG’s Chambers);
- ER SHEAU JIA (ASP), Johor Sexual Crime and Children Investigation Division (PDRM); and
- BETTY YEOH, All Women’s Action Society (AWAM).
- LYDIANA BINTI MANSOR, Advocates and Solicitors; and
- MUHAMMAD ZAHIER ROSLI, Advocates and Solicitors.
Please take note that admission is free but advance registration is required. Upon successful registration, a link to the online forum will be emailed to registered participants.
To register, please submit the following details by email to the Secretariat (email@example.com) or send a WhatsApp message to 07-276 3888on or before 28th November 2020 (Saturday).
- Name of participant(s) and the corresponding Membership Number/Petition Number;
- Name of legal firm; and
- Email address of each participant.
We look forward to your participation!
MUHAMMAD ZAHIER ROSLI
HUMAN RIGHTS SUB COMMITTEE