- A member of the Johore Bar had informed the Johore Bar Committee that her signature had been forged in the attestation clause in a Form 19G in a transaction relating to a property situated in Taman Saujana, Johore Bahru.
- The forger had passed himself or herself off as the affected solicitor and a rubber stamp with the name of the affected solicitor and her Bar Council No. was affixed to the forged instrument.
- The matter is now pending investigation by the appropriate authorities.
- The affected member of the Johore Bar had requested the Johore Bar Committee to alert members of the Johore Bar about this matter.
- Members are advised to take whatever meaasures they can to prevent themselves from being targets of this forgery.
- Thank you.