1. The recent chemical pollution incident at Sungai Kim Kim in Pasir Gudang has affected many residents in the affected areas and many schools had to be closed to protect the students.
2. According to the Energy, Technology, Science, Climate Change and Environment Ministry, due to temperature, wind and weather conditions, these toxic chemicals may continue to spread in the vicinity of the affected areas for an indefinite period.
3. Over the last few days, Mr. Danny Loo (Chairperson of Human Rights Sub-Committee) and Dr Wendy Ooi (Chairperson of Social, Charity & Welfare Sub-Committee) informed the Johore Bar Committee that the Pusat Komuniti DUN of Johor Jaya, Johor had sought help from the public for the supply of R95 masks which will be distributed to those who needed them at the Pasir Gudang Stadium, Johor.
4. Due to the urgency of the matter and as State Bar funds may not be used for public purposes, the members of the Johore Bar Committee had personally contributed cash to quickly purchase as many R95 masks as possible.
5. On Monday, 18/03/2019, 11 boxes of R95 masks costing RM300 per box were delivered by Danny Loo and Dr Wendy Ooi to the makeshift medical centre inside the Pasir Gudang Stadium, and received by Mr. Rajandran, Ahli Majlis Perbandaran Pasir Gudang and his team of relief workers.
6. We are now informed that, although the number of patients has dropped, members of the public may continue to donate food, toiletries, R95 masks and safety attire for relief workers and with this in mind, we urge members of the Johore Bar, to support the good cause through personal contribution in cash of whatever amount to enable the Johore Bar Committee to purchase the necessary items.
7. Johore Bar will receive contributions until 25/03/2019. Receipts for all personal cash contribution shall be issued by the Johore Bar and a list of all donors will be furnished to the appropriate persons or body receiving the items contributed via the Johore Bar. Your personal contributions can be made by direct deposit or internet banking to:
Account name: JOHORE BAR COMMITTEE (C&W)
Bank: CIMB Bank Berhad
Account no.: 80-0933176-7
8. Thank you in advance for your generosity and together, we can make this world a better place.
ROGER LO MING