The Johore Bar Young Lawyers and Chambering Pupils Sub Committee is organizing a ‘Book Donation Drive’ campaign. The campaign commences today and will run till 28.9.2018.
The campaign is a charity project to collect surplus children books from the public and to donate the books to selected orphanages and homes for underprivileged children in Johor. This is the first time that the Johore Bar is undertaking such a book charity project.
We appeal to all members to contribute to this charity drive by donating books suitable for children that are otherwise surplus to your needs at home. The books will then be distributed to the children according to their age group or needs. The books may be :
– New, used or old books in good condition
– Revision books for UPSR, PT3 and SPM
– Workbook for students in primary and secondary schools
– Children story books, coloring books, educational magazines, novels or classics
The books can be dropped off at the following locations :
- Johore Bar Secretariat or the Bar Rooms
- Designated boxes/baskets placed at Level 23, 23A & 25 of MSC Cyberport
- Designated boxes/baskets placed at Kompleks Mahkamah Johor, Jalan Dato’ Onn
KHAIRUL ASRI BIN AHMAD
YOUNG LAWYERS AND CHAMBERING PUPILS SUB COMMITTEE