The Continuing Professional Development Sub-Committee of the Johore Bar is organizing a seminar AN INTRODUCTION TO MOTOR INSURANCE PERSONAL INJURY CLAIMS that will be conducted by MR. RAVIN SINGH, a member of KL Bar.
The seminar will cover the followings:
· Types of Motor Policies
– Explanation on Property Damage & Personal Injury Claims.
· Exclusions / Extensions
– What you can and cannot claim, additional policies, Passenger liability and Liability to passenger extension covers.
· Duty of Disclosure
– Section 96(2) RTA Notice. The requirement to disclose claim to the Insurance Company and to keep them updated with all documents and trial.
· Accident Claims
– Method of filing claims.
· Basic Do’s and Dont’s
– Common mistakes on liability and quantum.
Particulars of the Seminar are as follows:
8th September 2014 (Monday)
2.30 p.m. to 4.30 p.m. (Registration at 2.00 p.m.)
Level 1, Johore Bar Auditorium
No. 5 Jalan Tun Abd Razak
Susur 1/1 80000 Johor Bahru
RM 50.00 for Members of the Johore Bar;
RM 30.00 for Pupils-in-Chambers l Law Students; and
RM 100.00 for Non-members
About the Speaker
· Barrister At Law, of the Honourable Society of Middle Temple
· Advocate & Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya
· Certificate of Practice in General Insurance (CPGI) 1996
· Kuala Lumpur Bar Committee State Bar Representative to Bar Council Malaysia
· Elected Member of the Kuala Lumpur Bar Committee for 5 years
· Co-Deputy Chair of the National Legal Aid Committee Bar Council Malaysia
· Bar Council Steering Committee Member on the National Legal Aid Foundation /
Yayasan Bantuan Guaman Kebangsaan
· Co-Deputy Chair of the Bar Council Motor Insurance Review Ad Hoc Committee
· Member of the Motor Insurance Compendium Review Committee 2013
Kindly book your seats early by completing the enclosed Registration Form and returning it together the requisite payment to the Johore Bar Secretariat not later than Friday, 5th September 2014.
Payment may be made by Cheque or Cash. Cheques should be made payable to JOHORE BAR HOUSE & LIBRARY FUND.
Kindly take note that attendance at this Seminar will earn you 2 CPD Points.
Event code: T3/08092014/JHB/JHB141128/2
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
This content is restricted to site members. If you are an existing user, please log in. New users may register below.