The Continuing Legal Education Sub-Committee of the Johore Bar jointly with PSDC Committee of the Bar Council is organizing a Seminar on Islamic Finance that will focus on current issues, cases on Islamic banking documentation, and contract financing. The speakers will also address the latest trends in Islamic sukuk, with emphasis on the key aspects of the transaction documentation as well as salient terms and conditions.
Particulars of the event are as follows:
Date : 9th January 2013 (Wednesday)
Time : 9.00 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. (Registration at 8.30 a.m.)
Venue : Ballroom 3, Level 6
The Zon Regency Hotel Johor Bahru
88 Jalan Ibrahim Sultan
Stulang Laut, Johor Bahru
Fees : RM 150.00 for Members of the Johore Bar;
RM 50.00 for Pupils-in-Chambers I Law Students; and
RM 200.00 for Non-members.
About the Speakers
DR AZNAN HASAN
· Assistant Professor in Islamic law and the former head of the Islamic Law Department, Ahmad Ibrahim Kuliyyah of Laws, International Islamic University Malaysia
· President, Association of Shariah Advisors in Islamic Finance (“ASAS”)
· Deputy Chairman, Shariah Advisory Council, Securities Commission
· Chairman, Shariah Advisory Board, Barclays Capital (Dubai)
· Member of several local and international financial institutions and corporate bodies such as Amanah Raya Berhad and Employee Provident Fund (“EPF”)
· Shariah consultant to Maybank Investment Bank
· Registered Shariah Advisor for the Islamic Unit Trust schemes and Islamic securities, Securities Commission of Malaysia
· Member, National International Zakat Organisation Coordination Committee, an advisory body established under the Prime Minister’s Department
MOHD JOHAN LEE
Advocate and Solicitor, Managing Partner of Messrs J. Lee & Associates
He graduated with an LLB (Hons) degree from International Islamic University. He also holds a Master of Comparative Laws degree and a postgraduate Diploma in Shariah and Legal Practice, both of which are from International Islamic University Malaysia, as well as an MA degree in Economics for Competition Law from King’s College, London.
He is currently a qualified Arbitrator and Mediator.
As places are limited, kindly book your seats early by completing the enclosed Registration Form and returning it together the requisite payment to the Johore Bar Secretariat not later than Friday, 4th January 2013.
Payment can be made by Cheque or Cash. Cheque should be made payable to JOHORE BAR COMMITTEE or direct deposit into OCBC Bank (Malaysia) Berhad, No 1 Jalan Ibrahim, 80000 Johor Bahru; Acc. No. 7-101-027-882; Swift code no. OCBCMYKLXXX. Registration will be confirmed once full payment is received.
Please take note that attendance at this Seminar will earn you 6 CPD Points.
Event code: 09012013/BC/JH0147/6
NORHAYATI BINTI MOHAMED
CLE & IT SUB COMMITTEE
This content is restricted to site members. If you are an existing user, please log in. New users may register below.