- Due to some uncertainties and problems encountered by some members of the Johore Bar on the effects of the amendment to section 433B NLC, members of the Johore Bar Conveyancing Sub-Committee, namely Andrew Wong, Tho KC, Lee MY and Lim ES, had a meeting this morning (20 February 2017) with Puan Suhailizan Bte Suliman (Timbalan Pengarah PTG II, Negeri Johor, Bahagian Pendaftaran) together with Puan Ashikin Bte Hj. A. Jabor (Ketua Penolong Pengarah PTG II, Negeri Johor, Bahagian Pendaftaran), to seek some clarification on the implementation of the amended section 433B NLC.
- We have been informed that there is no change in the implementation of the amended section 433B, as described in JBC Circular 58/16 dated 16/01/2017.
- A written notice from PTG Negeri Johor is expected to be issued in the next few days.
- Please be guided accordingly.
B. CLOSING OF REGISTRATION COUNTERS AT PTG JOHOR (BAHAGIAN PENDAFTARAN) ON 22/02/2017
- At the same meeting above, we have been requested to inform members of the Johore Bar that, due to a Majlis Sambutan Maulidur Rasul at the PTG Negeri Johor, on Wednesday, 22/02/2017, only one or two registration counters will be opened for registration of instruments of dealings, from 2.00 p.m. onwards.
- A copy of the PTG notice dated 20/02/2017 on the above matter is attached.