- The Conveyancing Sub-Committee had recently written to Jabatan Kastam DiRaja Malaysia, Johor (“Kastam”) to invite Kastam to conduct a briefing to members of the Johore Bar on the implementation of GST on the disposal and acquisition of real property.
- Kastam had responded by inviting members of the Johore Bar to its Handholding Programme for Sector III (Real Property, Construction and Professional) to be held as follows:
Date 17th August 2016 (Wednesday) Venue M Suites Hotel, Johor Bahru Itinerary 08.30 – 09.00 Registration
09.00 – 11.00 GST issues
11.00 – 12.30 GST Account and Audit
13.00 – 14.00 Lunch
Cost Shall be borne by Kastam (subject to a minimum participation of 100 and a maximum of 150 members of the Johore Bar) CPD code T3/17082016/JHB/JHB161114/3 (3 CPD points)
3. The purpose of the programme is for Kastam to explain and for participants to know the issues and problems faced by the GST registered persons and prospective GST registered persons.
4. We therefore wish to invite all members to register for the above programme by completing the Registration Form and returning it to the Johore Bar Secretariat not later than Monday, 25th July 2016, to enable us to revert to Kastam as soon as possible.
5. I would urge all members not to miss this opportunity to learn more on how GST will affect your practice.