Admission is by invitation only
The Johore Bar Human Rights Sub Committee is organizing a public forum titled ‘Stop the Monster Now or Never’ on 3rd October 2017 at Tropical Inn Hotel, Johor Bahru.
It was reported that statistic from the Social Welfare Department revealed 5,799 child sexual abuse cases recorded between 2010 and 2015, with an average of 963 cases a year. Wasn’t that alarming? How about those unreported cases?
The invited speakers include:
(1) Dato’ Yasmeen Shariff has been specializing in family law for more than 20 years. She is also the Chairperson of several committees at the Bar Council. In 2010, she was given the Asia JusticeMakers Fellows in Malaysia.
(2) Ms. Manimegalai G is specializes in criminal law and family disputes. She conducts talks at NGO’s and colleges on various legal talks.
(3) Mr. Raymond is a former Director at Social Welfare Department, child counselor and currently fully trained child advocates.
The three eminent speakers would speak on:
- International Conventions on Children and Role of UNHCR assisting Refugees and Stateless Children;
- Law and Issues on Enforcement of Law to Protect Children; and
- Assistance available in JKM and Government Role in Child Protection.
We cordially invite all Members of the Bar, pupils in chambers and the public to this forum, the details whereof are as follows:
|Date||Tuesday, 3rd October 2017|
|Time||8.00 p.m. to 10.00 p.m. (Registration at 7.00 p.m.)|
|Tropical Inn Hotel, Johor Bahru
Level 4, Dewan Chengal
15, Jalan Gereja, Johor Bahru
|CPD code||T3/03102017/JHB/JHB172640/2 (2 CPD points)|
PLEASE TAKE NOTE THAT ADMISSION IS FREE BUT ADVANCE REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED.
Kindly complete the enclosed Registration Form attached and returned it by fax to the Johore Bar Secretariat at 07-276 1188 not later than Monday, 2nd October 2017.
We look forward to seeing you at the forum.
DANNY LOO KHENG SOON
HUMAN RIGHTS SUB COMMITTEE