Please be informed that the Continuing Professional Development Sub-Committee is organising a seminar entitled acquisition & disposal of shares in real property company.
The topics covered in the talk will include the following:
- Revisit the business strategy of using RM2.00 paid-up company to buy and/or keep real property.
- What is Share sale in the context of a property investment company?
- How does it differ from Asset sale by a property investment company?
- What & how to determine Real Property Company (RPC)?
- How do you determine the price of the shares of RPC?
- Valuation of a RPC?
- How to differentiate chargeable gains accruing from the disposal of real property assets from the disposal of real property shares of a RPC?
- How to differentiate real property transactions resulting in chargeable gain or business gains?
- Much more
Particulars of the seminar are as follows:
|Date||29th June 2018 (Friday)|
|Time||9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. (Registration at 8.30 a.m.)|
|Venue||Level 1, Abdullah A. Rahman Auditorium
Johore Bar Building
No. 5 Jalan Tun Abdul Razak
Susur 1/1 80000 Johor Bahru
|Fees||RM 100.00 for Members of the Johore Bar;
RM 50.00 for Pupils-in-Chambers | Law Students; and
RM 120.00 for Non-member
|CPD code||T3/29062018/JHB/JHB184291/6 (6 CPD points)|
About the speaker
Mr. Lim Kien Chai, a legal practitioner is a Chartered Accountant and an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya and has a multi-disciplinary professional and career background spanning over a period of more than 30 years. He holds the following academic and professional qualifications: Bachelor Degree of Accounting from the University of Malaya (Hons); Bachelor Degree of Law from the University of London (Hons); Chartered Institute of Management Accountants from the United Kingdom; Post-graduate professional qualification in Certified Internal Auditor from the United States of America; and Certificate of Legal Practice from Malaysia. He was a Past President of the Institute of Internal Auditors Malaysia.
Registration must be accompanied with payment to guarantee your place and is on a first-come first served basis.
CPD points and Certificate of attendance will be given upon completion of the whole session to participants who have attended until the end of the event.
Payment can be made by direct deposit or internet banking to:
Account name: JOHORE BAR HOUSE & LIBRARY FUND
Bank: CIMB Bank Berhad
Account no.: 80-0933164-8
Please direct all correspondence (including completed registration form and proof of payment) to the Johore Bar Secretariat by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 07-276 1188 not later than Thursday, 28th June 2018.
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT SUB COMMITTEE