The Johore Bar Young Lawyers and Chambering Pupils Sub Committee is organising a seminar entitled “Leveraging IT for Law Firms”. The objective of the talk is to enable law firms to utilise technology: to reduce their operating costs, increase efficiency, and improve profitability.
The topics covered in the talk will include the following:
Leveraging on Technologies: Free Online Tools that Law Firms can adopt in their legal practice
- Website building
- Email and communication
- Note taking
- Data storage
- Cloud security
- Project Management
- Video conferencing
- Question-and-Answer Session
The Paperless Law Firm: How to start and run a paperless office
- Advantages of running a paperless office
- Tools required
- Building an electronic filing structure
- Building an e-library
- Digitalising your current files
- Back-up and disposal
- Question-and-Answer Session
Particulars of the seminar are as follows:
|Date||11th June 2018 (Monday)|
|Time||2.30 p.m. to 5.30 p.m. (Registration at 2.00 p.m.)|
|Venue||Level 1, Abdullah A. Rahman Auditorium
Johore Bar Building
No. 5 Jalan Tun Abdul Razak
Susur 1/1 80000 Johor Bahru
|Fees||RM 63.60 for Members of the Johore Bar; and
RM 31.80 for Pupils-in-Chambers | Law Students.
(Fees are inclusive of 6% GST)
(for payments on or after 1st June 2018):
RM 60.00 for Members of the Johore Bar; and
RM 30.00 for Pupils-in-Chambers | Law Students.
|CPD code||T3/11062018/JHB/JHB184268/2 (2 CPD points)|
About the speaker
- Mr. Edwin Lee Yong Cieh was called to the Malaysian Bar in 2009. A tech lawyer and enthusiast. Edwin focuses his legal practice in the areas of corporate mergers and acquisitions, technology, media and telecommunications, as well as intellectual property, privacy and data protection. Edwin believes that lawyers should embrace technology to provide better services and greater solutions for clients.
Edwin regularly writes articles and updates for newspapers and law firm newsletters, and speaks at conferences and seminars. He is the co-author of Beyond Data Protection: Strategic Case Studies and Practical Guidance, contributor to Media and Entertainment: A Practical Legal, Business and Strategy Guide, and Bullen & Leake & Jacob’s Malaysian Precedents of Pleadings, as well as a monthly columnist at CHIP Magazine Malaysia, a global tech magazine.
- Mr. Foong Cheng Leong was called to the Malaysian Bar in 2005. He had served the Bar Council and Kuala Lumpur Bar Committee (“KLBC”) in various capacities such as Chairperson of the KLBC Information Technology Committee, Co-Chairperson of the Bar Council Information Technology and Cyber Laws Committee, Co-Chairperson of the Bar Council Ad Hoc Committee on Personal Data Protection, and Deputy Chairperson of the Bar Council Intellectual Property Committee. His areas of practice focus on intellectual property, cyber law, data privacy and the like. He is also a regular columnist for Digital News Asia.
Registration must be accompanied with payment to guarantee your place and is on a first-come first served basis.
CPD points and Certificate of attendance will be given upon completion of the whole session to participants who have attended until the end of the event.
Payment can be made by direct deposit or internet banking to:
Account name: JOHORE BAR COMMITTEE (C&W)
Bank: CIMB Bank Berhad
Account no.: 80-0933176-7
Please direct all correspondence (including completed registration form and proof of payment) to the Johore Bar Secretariat by email to email@example.com or by fax to 07-276 1188 not later than Friday, 8th June 2018.
KHAIRUL ASRI BIN AHMAD
YOUNG LAWYERS AND CHAMBERING PUPILS SUB COMMITTEE